Fleet Blade in Print, and a New Cover!
Friday, May 7th, 2010

Happy Friday!

I love a historical once in a while, and I have written a few. One of them is my novel Fleet Blade, and erotic historical from Ellora’s Cave which was just released in print at EC for $12.00. Much to my surprise, when it released it had a new cover!

Old e-book cover

Old e-book cover

New Print Cover

New Print Cover

Here’s a blurb about Fleet Blade:

Lady Lora Alexander thrived on adventure and got it by regularly sneaking around London by way of the subterranean tunnels of the buried Fleet River. The wild, tempestuous beauty required a measure of discipline, but no one dared give it to her until she literally ran into the infamous Blade, the dashing gentleman thief who had been regularly stealing priceless items of Egyptian art from the British aristocracy.

Sin Drake had been captivated by Lora’s portrait since he’d first used the underground tunnels of the Fleet River and raided her bedroom. His informant’s reports of Lora’s scandalous, out of control behavior increasingly irritated him. He dared her to become his sex slave, thinking not only of his own satisfaction, but also knowing from personal experience that the fiery young woman sorely needed a measure of self-control before she burned and destroyed everything in her path…most importantly herself.

But as Sin spent more and more time with Lora, he began to wonder what he wanted most—to tame her or watch her run free; to let her go or keep her by his side forever.

Which cover do you like better? I’m partial to the new one, as it looks more historical and Lora actually has dark, not red hair. I think it’s the same guy though, who actually is a model vs. being stock art.

6 comments to “Fleet Blade in Print, and a New Cover!”

1. Cecile
      · May 7th, 2010 at 7:57 am · Link

Peeking in to say HI!!!!!!
    Hope all is well with you honey!
    Yayayay on your book coming out again… I do love the new cover. It has a softer look and yes, I like the models stance better in this one.

Have a great Friday honey!

2. Anne
      · May 7th, 2010 at 12:39 pm · Link

I like the old cover picture, but I like the type and color of the new one. The old cover is faded looking.

Looking foward to reading Wicked Burn this weekend.

3. Estella
      · May 7th, 2010 at 5:46 pm · Link

I like the new cover best.

· May 8th, 2010 at 8:12 am · Link

I do like the new cover but for another reason as well. The font in the original Fleetblade title looks sci-fi ish not historical to me. When I saw that cover I did not think historical.

· May 8th, 2010 at 2:01 pm · Link

Hi Cecile! How are you? I’m glad you like it. I like the new cover, too.

Hi Anne! The new cover is the faded/sepia tone. I like it because it looks more historical, especially with her dress and all. I remember saying on the old one–she’s wearing a bra! Women back then didn’t wear bras, can’t we airbrush it? lol. No go.

Hey there, Estella! Cool. 🙂

Mary, you make an excellent point. Fi would be proud of you. She’s always focusing on fonts, and my artist self doesn’t ‘get’ it, but what you said made perfect sense.

6. Fedora
      · May 10th, 2010 at 1:02 pm · Link

Ooh, nice, Beth! I do like the new one–there are a lot of elements that reinforce the whole “historical” feel better than the original. And I think it’s pretty neat that the look of the hero is the same–I hate when the whole appearance changes dramatically!