Busy, Busy, Busy
Friday, October 16th, 2009

I just got the thumbs up from my agent on a proposal I’ve done for a contemp series, one that’s very close to my heart. I’m really excited about it, and hope it goes okay in pitch-ville. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I’m writing Down and Dirty–an erotic contemp for the Heat line that’s due in January and scheming out a plot-line for my second Princes of the Underground book–a paranormal vampire series, the first of which comes out next year from Samhain.

I kind of like having several projects going on at once, but I have to admit that when it comes to the last half to a third of a book, I have to focus exclusively on it alone.

What about you? Are you a sole-focuser-on-one-thing or do you like to juggle several balls at once?

9 comments to “Busy, Busy, Busy”

· October 16th, 2009 at 5:19 pm · Link

I’m most definitely a juggler Beth, yes several balls in the air. I guess some folks work well under pressure? lol πŸ˜‰

Have a great weekend.

2. Blanche
      · October 16th, 2009 at 5:43 pm · Link

I’m a juggler too!! I seem to always have a billion things going at once!! I definitely work best under pressure, otherwise I get a bit lazy and that isn’t a good thing! :mrgreen:

· October 16th, 2009 at 5:58 pm · Link

That’s really interesting, Lea and Blanche. I always like to hear how others operate. πŸ˜€

4. Tracy
      · October 16th, 2009 at 9:03 pm · Link

Hey Beth,

Can you tell us more about Down and Dirty, and Princes of the Underground, pretty please? πŸ˜€

Oh, I’m also a juggler, with 3 kids is there any other choice?

· October 16th, 2009 at 11:39 pm · Link

Congrats Beth on all the new books & proposals. I have a little ceramic plaque that someone gave me that says “Work is for people who don’t play tennis “. I have to do both. I wish I could just play & read. Unfortunately by the time that happens my body won’t be able to play everyday anyway.

· October 17th, 2009 at 3:16 pm · Link

Hi Tracy,

Down and Dirty is a contemp erotic with some psychological suspense elements. I’ll let you know as soon as Berkley gets me some cover copy. Princes of the Underground is a vampire series…sort of. They’re energy vampires, but since the energy essence is condensed in secretions associated with emotion–blood, sweat, tears and sexual secretions–they are vampires in the classic sense as well. They also can live off the earth’s energy, so much of the stories take place in major citys’ ‘undergrounds.’ It’s probably most similar to the Subtle series, because these men have mysterious origins and are actually on earth as a sort of scientific/alchemical experiment. I’ve been having tons of fun with it so far. The next one is going to be in London.
    Thanks for asking, Tracy!!

Mary–but at least nothing is going to stop you from reading ever. Heaven forbid that.

7. Tracy
      · October 17th, 2009 at 4:16 pm · Link

Wow, Beth the Princes series sounds amazing-can’t wait to hear more. You had me at “similar to the Subtle series”, because that is one of my favorite series. I look forward to hearing more about Down and Dirty when you are able. Thanks!

8. Bella
      · October 19th, 2009 at 3:22 pm · Link

Must juggle or I get bored. Sigh – I also have to have deadlines to be productive — especially at the EDJ. Oddly, I need little or no encouragement to do my freelance editing work. Hmmmm ….

9. Amelia