Michelle M. Pillow is here talking about Last Man on Earth
Thursday, October 1st, 2009

Last Man on Earth by Michelle M. Pillow

LastManonearth

Dr. Micco Hagan has been charged with pairing up the last of Earth’s survivors based on genetics for optimal survival of the species. He can’t resist the opportunity to be with his dream girl, Rena Gates. Though she rejected him before the Earth ended, he hopes now she’ll find a soft spot for him.

In the time before, Rena thought Micco had only come on to her to win a bet. She never expected them to be rescued together, or to be eventually partnered. Unable to resist following orders, she discovers they have a lot more going for them than DNA matching. The sex is explosive, but can it eventually grow into love?

Purchase Last Man on Earth

Michelle’s Interview:

BK: Thanks so much for joining us here today!
What future projects are you especially excited about?

MP: Thanks for having me!

I’ve recently started/gotten back into some non-writing projects. I’ve been working a little more on my photography and hope to have some up on my website soon. I’ve also just started doing paranormal interviews for Paranormal Underground Magazine. My first one is in the Oct 2009 issue and features Mandy Roth and can be found here.

As for writing, I’ve been considering some nonfiction projects that combine my writing and photography. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I’m really excited by the prospect.
BK: Sounds like you’re keeping yourself fresh and motivated creatively speaking, Michelle. Good for you.
Every writer has moments they cringe when they read past stuff, and moments when they think…yeah, that’s good. Would you please share with us a paragraph or two of a sample of your writing of which you are particularly proud and say why you like it?

MP: I think several of those moments, for me, I like are when taken in context with the whole book, like the one below. It’s reflects the longing the hero feels to be what he once was, combined with the reality of his present.

From Maiden and the Monster, RT Reviewers’ Choice Award Winner

Vladamir lifted his callused hand to touch her neck. Her eyes fluttered closed and her pulse drummed against his hand. She stiffened, but to his surprise she didn’t run. He cupped her chin gently before letting his hand fall to the side. His mind once again gained its control, but at a devious cost.

What would you, m’lady, want with a monster? You, a maiden of great beauty.

“Begone,” he ordered under his breath. He watched her slender hips as she darted inside, disappointed that she obeyed. Then, sighing, he turned to the exercise yard. “Yea, what would you want indeed?”

BK: Ooh, you know that’s a favorite of mine. Okay, you just got to show off a bit (and deservedly so ). Now can you tell us about a “˜blush moment,’ an especially humorous or mortifying moment in your writing career?

MP: Those usually come after a late night writing and get deleted immediately. They come in the form of extra limbs or morphing clothing. However, once, after referencing an older book in a series, I spent several sections calling the heroine the wrong name. A test reader found it and is probably still laughing at me.

BK: Well, at least it was found. I’ve read my share of changing names in a published work. lol.
What are you working on right now, and when can readers look forward to seeing it?

MP: I just handed in a couple books to my agent—a new futuristic series start and a historical. I hope to have news on them soon.

This year, I had a four book alternate reality series release with Ellora’s Cave, Divinity Warriors—Lilith Enraptured, Fighting Lady Jayne, Keeping Paige, Taking Karre.

In one of the many universes parallel to ours, Divinity Corporation has discovered the secret to moving between the planes. This has given them the power to do pretty much whatever they want without consequence or regulation. Whether it’s to ship unwilling brides in trade for minerals rights, to control everything from entertainment circuits to governments to academics, or simply gain that which every greedy corporation wants–Power.

Currently, I am working on the next Divinity installments on a new parallel plane. They should release next year.

BK: You just won the dream vacation of your choice. Where would you go? Why? Who would go with you? What book would you bring with you? What would you make SURE you left behind?

MP: I would go on a trip around Europe and Asia, making sure to hit every country. I’ve already taken road trips around the USA. I’d like to do the same overseas. I love traveling, discovering new places and customs. I’d go with my family. I don’t like being away from them for too long and I’d have my camera permanently attached to my hand.

Only one book? I think not, lol! That’s what ebook readers are for. Hundreds of books in one unit. I think I’d have to leave behind my English Bulldog, Bella. I would miss her terribly, but I don’t think she’d be good for fostering relations with other countries. She gets too excited when she meets new people and jumps around like an excitable dog 4 times smaller than she is. She’d single-pawedly knock down a whole continent.

Leave Michelle a comment and qualify to win an ebook copy of Divinity Warriors: Lilith Enraptured

20 comments to “Michelle M. Pillow is here talking about Last Man on Earth”

1. Jeanette Juan
      · October 1st, 2009 at 9:25 am · Link

The title immediately captured my attention and it sounds like an interesting read!

· October 1st, 2009 at 9:30 am · Link

Hi Michelle & beth
    Michelle, I totally loved your Matthews Sisters series. The 4 sisters were so different & each book was unique. I also loved the Caught anthology. I almost didn’t buy Opposites Attract. I thought Alexis & Ethan were too improbable together but you made it work so well. My only complaint: you made me fall in love with Ethan & tattoos. Maybe my hubby will wear a temporary one. 😉

3. Michelle Pillow
      · October 1st, 2009 at 12:13 pm · Link

Beth, thanks for having me!

Mary, LOL I did fall in love with a tattoo guy, but hopefully I’m not like Alexis–at least how she is at the beginning of the book.

Jeanette, Thank you!!:) This one’s a quickie read, but I had so much fun with it.

4. Tracy
      · October 1st, 2009 at 12:23 pm · Link

Thanks for the giveaway Michelle. It was interesting learning about your love of photography. I enjoy learning about authors, and things they love to do, besides writing of course! 🙂

5. Michelle Pillow
      · October 1st, 2009 at 12:52 pm · Link

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy. 🙂 I was a photog before a published author. I love art in all it’s forms. 🙂

6. lorettaC
      · October 1st, 2009 at 1:14 pm · Link

The Last Man on Earth is a great title and I assume a great read.

lorettaC,

lbcanton@verizon.net

7. Cathy M
      · October 1st, 2009 at 2:23 pm · Link

I’m with you Michelle, a trip through Europe would be an amazing vacation, plus I would be taking my ereader too!

8. Cheryl McInnis
      · October 1st, 2009 at 2:29 pm · Link

Hi Michelle- and Beth!
    I love the premise for Last Man on Earth, and the Divinity Warriors series sounds awesome.
    I’m a sucker for stories set in another universe-comes from being a Star Wars nerd I guess!
    I hear ya on Bella being a little too friendly meeting new people, I have a 100lb Lab, and he’s never met a crotch that he didn’t like, 😆

9. Alexa
      · October 1st, 2009 at 3:11 pm · Link

The Last Man on Earth sounds like an awesome book! I have to get myself a copy!

· October 1st, 2009 at 3:20 pm · Link

Michelle
    I didn’t know you were a photographer before. Are you Kat in Bit By The Bug? Did you know a Ryan Andrews from Along for The ride? 😉

11. Michelle Pillow
      · October 1st, 2009 at 3:24 pm · Link

Thanks, Loretta & Alexa!

Cathy, hopefully if I ever take that trip, i won’t spend the entire time reading, lol.

Cheryl, Bella’s my embarrassment, lol. She’s so calm around me but the second someone comes to the door she spazzes.

Mary, I think parts of me or people I know sneak into the characters but I can’t base a character completely off someone I know. It’s the fastest way to give myself writers block. lol. I start worrying about what the real person would do or think and I can’t write. I prefer my characters to be fiction.

12. Michelle Pillow
      · October 1st, 2009 at 3:25 pm · Link

Oh, but I do envy Kat and Ryan’s jobs, lol

13. Jody F.
      · October 1st, 2009 at 3:31 pm · Link

Michelle, I too think a trip around Europe and Asia would be great. Such a different landscape then what we’re used to. And it would be interesting to visit all those places I read about in my romance novels.

14. Michelle Pillow
      · October 1st, 2009 at 3:38 pm · Link

Jody,
    I’d love to visit romance novel locations. Though, to do that, I’d have to add time travel to the list, too. Is that an option yet? 🙂

15. Deidre
      · October 1st, 2009 at 5:36 pm · Link

Oh, I’d just kill for an e-reader. I saw a Sony up close and personal at Staples last weekend and I swear I was salivating. lol

Deidre

16. Karin
      · October 1st, 2009 at 5:52 pm · Link

Michelle, I love your idea for the dream vacation. Taking a road trip through Europe and Asia would be a great adventure. And your answer about the book is great! lol

17. Michelle Pillow
      · October 1st, 2009 at 7:15 pm · Link

Deidre, I’d love one too. I haven’t even shopped for them. I’m always on the laptop reading.

Karin, Wouldn’t that be the best trip ever? I’ve done the 3000 mile USA roadtrip. I *will* do the overseas version someday. 🙂

18. Sharon M
      · October 1st, 2009 at 9:00 pm · Link

I haven’t seen enough of the USA yet so I’d like to travel around the U.S. first and then hit the places in Europe I haven’t experienced. 😉
    I love that you’re pursuing the chance to combine your love of photography with writing. Thanks for the great interview!

19. Fedora
      · October 1st, 2009 at 10:44 pm · Link

Hi, Michelle! Very fun premise–I’ll be adding this book to my TBB!

20. Michelle Pillow
      · October 2nd, 2009 at 1:08 pm · Link

Sharon & Fedora — Thanks for stopping by 🙂

There’s still a lot of the US I’d love to see.