Did another work week just begin?
Monday, August 24th, 2009

Sometimes, one slides into another, doesn’t it? lol

Well, I feel like I’m starting to gear up for fall. Fall is a good time to set goals, so I’ll state a few here. I’d really like to pick up my word count. I hate to admit it, but I think I actually wrote more when I wasn’t published, and wasn’t worried about contracts and proposals and what not. There’s something to be said for the pure joy of writing. I’m going to try and focus on that for a few stories that I have in my folder. I know for my short novel called Holiday Bound, which is coming out in December from Samhain, I had no expectations and really just enjoyed writing for the sake of writing. So I’m going to try and get a bit of that feeling back.

Other changes/upcoming: hubby and I are having some work done around the condo, which is always exciting. Nothing major, but fun to see the progress the workmen have made during the day. We are taking our annual trip to Tahoe in September–yeah! This time, Fi and her husband are coming to stay with us a bit at the time share, so that ought to be awesome. Can’t wait to see the aspens turning.

AND, I have to start planning for Paradise Rules release on October 6. Time to gear up for another party, this time Hawaiian style! I’m in the process of having a couple videos done, which is tons of fun.

I’m continuing to try and exercise several days a week. I did pretty well this summer, but would like to try harder.

Do you have any goals for this fall?

6 comments to “Did another work week just begin?”

1. Cecile
      · August 24th, 2009 at 8:40 pm · Link

I just want to survive to Christmas!!! LOL!!! A 10th grader… not sure what projects are bound our way. A sweet 16th birthday (for daughter) to prepare… My own b-day party to prepare.. (daughters is Oct. 22 and mine is Oct. 30). Then here comes the holidays… And I would like to fit exercising in there some where…
    Where did summer go… Really… Where did it go???
    Oh another party… another book… Can not wait!!!! Just heads up and I will pimp you at my place!!

2. Fiona Jayde
      · August 24th, 2009 at 9:12 pm · Link

Hey Beth! I can’t wait to see you guys at Tahoe! My goals for the fall is to get a bunch of shorts done – and get back into running now that its cooling down around here:)

Ooh, party Hawaiian style! Can’t wait!

πŸ™‚
    Fi

· August 25th, 2009 at 6:34 am · Link

Hey Beth
    My goal is to keep this busy life & keep my house clean too. When I’m in the mood to clean I just lay down & read till the feeling goes away. Is Fi talking books or clothing LOL?

· August 25th, 2009 at 7:02 am · Link

Hey Beth:

Tahoe sounds wonderful. Regards to Fi! I would think it’s lovely there in the fall.

I’m looking forward to the release of Paradise Rules!

Best
    L πŸ˜€

5. Stacy ~
      · August 25th, 2009 at 7:40 am · Link

Hey Beth, looking forward to your Oct release. The only reason I like fall is that my Oct is my birthday month. Otherwise I want spring!

My only goals are to read more, save for a car, and decide what new cell phone to get. I want an iPhone, but I’ve also got a rather long practical streak so I’m trying to justify such an extravagant purchase, even though I have the money for it.

6. Amy M
      · August 26th, 2009 at 3:16 pm · Link

I am so looking forward to your new release. I just loved Sweet Restraint! I hope to do a little “fall cleaning.” I totally missed the spring cleaning…maybe with the kids going back to school I will feel a little more motivated. I will not hold my breath, but maybe I can get something done.
    πŸ˜†