Lori Fosters Event
Monday, June 8th, 2009

Greetings! Back from Lori Foster’s, where I had a great time. It’s so nice to attend these reader events, where you know everyone shares a similar passion–romance. Just standing in line and buying books was a fun experience. I was hanging out with Julie James and we met two awesome ladies who had driven down from the suburbs of Detroit and a lady who had recently moved to Louisville, Kentucky who had come by herself, motivated solely by her love of romance and books. (She had a whole bag FULL of books–lol.)

My husband needed the camera for a graduation this weekend, so I had to use a little disposable camera. Knowing me, I probably won’t get my film developed until this time next year, so I’m posting a special photo taken by Amy C. along with a few hijacked photos from Julie James and Kati Dancy.

Okay, so this very nice lady….
amy

Amy C., who runs the Romance Book Wyrm blog asked Julie James and I for a very special favor for her good friend (and mine) Lea, from the Lea-Closetwriter blog. It wasn’t really a favor, as Julie and I were thrilled to do it. Amy had it all planned (cards ready, contacting me beforehand) so she could send Lea this photo.

lorifostersgettogether040

HI LEA! Wish you were with us!
(Me and Chicago author and friend Julie James)

Julie James and I went out to dinner with some awesome ladies and sat for hours talking about everything from Greek billionaire’s secret babies to sororities (We discovered Kati Dancy and I were in the same sorority–different colleges.) Had a great time.

max-and-ermas

Stacy, Kati, LeeAnn, myself, Julie

17 comments to “Lori Fosters Event”

· June 8th, 2009 at 10:19 am · Link

Beautiful pictures – beautiful women!
    Love the HI LEA one. Lea – you’re so special!! How nice is that.

2. Booklover1335
      · June 8th, 2009 at 10:22 am · Link

Thanks for the pics Beth!!! So wish I would have been able to go, but glad you had a good time šŸ™‚

3. AmyC
      · June 8th, 2009 at 10:54 am · Link

Thank you both so much! Lea sent me a message. She was very happy and says I made her eyes leak!

I had such a great time šŸ™‚

· June 8th, 2009 at 11:29 am · Link

OMG;

I am totally undone. You ladies are too good to me.

Now, my eyes are leaking again.

How wonderful and awesome is that…

Amy – (((HUGS)))

Beth and Julie (((HUGS))) and thank you from the bottom of my heart, for doing that.

You know when I started blogging and didn’t know what the heck I was doing, Amy was the second person to come by and encourage me along the way. She has been such a wonderful friend ever since.

I think I’m going to be smiling for weeks, after the leaking stops. lololol

You ladies are too much.

Thank you again.
    L šŸ˜€

· June 8th, 2009 at 11:31 am · Link

Oh man I wish I could have been there too, but this is the next best thing…

Amy is a wonderful artist. šŸ˜‰

Awesome pics.

· June 8th, 2009 at 11:37 am · Link

Mary and Booklover–hopefully we’ll get to meet up some time in the near future. It’s so nice to meet people in real life that you made friends with online.

Amy–hurray! Your plan worked. What fun, to play a role in your greeting across the miles. Friendship really does know limits, does it?

Lea–I’m so glad you enjoyed! You have a good friend there, planning all that for you. As for my part, it was a total pleasure to share the experience. šŸ˜€

7. Julie James
      · June 8th, 2009 at 11:38 am · Link

Hi Beth, Amy and Lea!

Lea– as Beth said, we were happy to do it! Amy deserves all the credit, though–what a thoughtful idea.

Julie

· June 8th, 2009 at 11:48 am · Link

ok now my eyes are leaking!!
    What a wonderful way to start a Monday(I hate Mondays). So nice to find women as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside (& smart too).
    Kudos to Amy, Beth & Julie

9. Carolyn Jean
      · June 8th, 2009 at 12:36 pm · Link

Oh, look at you all look so happy. What fun. Thanks for the report!!

10. Stacy ~
      · June 8th, 2009 at 12:56 pm · Link

Beth I was so happy you were able to go, and I loved Amy put the collage together with you and Julie for Lea, who is one of the sweetest, lovliest bloggers out there. It was such a wonderful thing to do for her.

I’m glad to hear you’re thinking about going next year. Awesome!

11. KatiDancy
      · June 8th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Beth – I had SUCH a blast with you this weekend. And how much fun was it to discover we’re “sisters”?!

Yay!

12. Estella
      · June 8th, 2009 at 1:46 pm · Link

Looks as if everyone enjoyed themselves!

13. Caffey
      · June 8th, 2009 at 7:42 pm · Link

Oh thanks for sharing your trip with us! It was as close as it could be for being there for me Beth!! Some day I will get there!! Welcome back!

14. Robin Snodgrass
      · June 9th, 2009 at 11:54 am · Link

Great pics Beth. Looks like you had fun. Beautiful smile you have there! šŸ˜€

15. beth kery
      · June 9th, 2009 at 12:32 pm · Link

Hi Carolyn Jean! My pleasure!

Stacy and Kati–thanks for the great time, ladies.

Hi Estella! It was a nice time.

šŸ˜€

Caffey–maybe next year?

Thanks, Robin! Wish I could have met you there. It’ll happen someday, though.

16. Fedora
      · June 10th, 2009 at 4:03 pm · Link

How cool, Beth! I’d love to go some year! Thanks for sharing the photos!

17. beth kery
      · June 10th, 2009 at 5:53 pm · Link

Hi Fedora! I think you’d enjoy it. Wish they had more stuff out west, though, for readers there.