The final cut
Thursday, May 14th, 2009

Well, we didn’t get many votes for Hope. It was two for Emma and two for Anne (I would voted for Anne, even though the nomination of Emily was awesome) so I threw in the tiebreaker. Here are our Ryan and Hope for the movie version of Daring Time.

8 comments to “The final cut”

· May 14th, 2009 at 8:57 am · Link

Hey Beth
    You’re right. Now that you posted them together they look good together.
    When you write the characters do you picture their faces beyond the hair & eye color, etc?
    How close did we get to what you the writer imagined?

· May 14th, 2009 at 9:44 am · Link

Hi Mary,

It depends on how clearly I see their faces. I sense their characters completely, but I very much respect the idea that the reader will fill in the blanks with their own imagination. The key is to set up certain milestones and then let the reader complete the dots.

There are exceptions. I could ‘see’ Hope very clearly. (This photo of Anne more approximates her, with the white skin and huge, dark eyes.) I can see Shane Dominic from Sweet Restraint very clearly and Niall Chandler from Wicked Burn.

But the way the imagination ‘sees’ and the eyes ‘see’ are two different things, IMO. So I wouldn’t say that I don’t see all my characters equally well, just that in the above examples, I have a clear visual template.

I’m glad you liked the final pairing. I agree that they look lovely together. It was fun! Thanks to all who participated. 😀

· May 14th, 2009 at 9:50 am · Link

Beth:

I don’t think you could have a clearer visual template in your minds eye for Ryan and Hope than those two actors.

Perfect, IMHO. And, don’t they look awesome together?

This has been great fun Beth. 🙂

L

· May 14th, 2009 at 10:15 am · Link

Hey Beth
    Thanks for your insights. I know its a technical process as well as a creative one but to me it’s MAGIC!!My hubby asked me why don’t I write a book since I like to read so much. I’m even more humbled by the process than ever. The only talent I have is being a good speller.

· May 14th, 2009 at 10:20 am · Link

just ignore the grammar

6. Amy
      · May 14th, 2009 at 10:35 am · Link

Sorry for not voting for Hope… got sidetracked, although I think the lady you guys picked is perfect! Congrats all around, Beth and best of luck with DARING TIME.

7. Juliana Stone
      · May 14th, 2009 at 10:41 am · Link

good job!

· May 14th, 2009 at 12:25 pm · Link

Mary, that’s a good way of putting it–a melding of the imagination and the technicalities of details and writing.

Thanks Amy and Juliana!