Put in your vote for the man you would cast for Ryan Daire from Daring Time
Tuesday, May 12th, 2009

Okay, just for fun.
Mary made a joke about Daring Time making a good movie, so I said who do you think would be good to play Ryan Daire? (He’s your basic Irish-American, boxer, vice-cop Alpha male who also just happens to be able to quote Shakespeare.)
Mary said:
Eric Winter

and Fi said Ryan Reynolds

Robin nominates: Gerard Butler

or

Christian Bale.

Booklover 1335 nominates Dylan McDermott

Yvonne nominates Clive Owen

and Colin FarrellShe peeked over the covers cautiously and stared at the wardrobe.
Why had he been dressed so strangely? His trousers reminded her a little of the thick hickory cloth the men who worked for the railroad wore, but the man’s in the mirror had been uniformly dyed indigo blue. She would have assumed those pants marked him as some sort of laborer if it weren’t for the short coat he wore made completely of sleek, supple leather.
He’d been so large—not fat, if anything his hips had been trim and narrow—just big. Taller than any man she’d ever seen, with wide shoulders and long thighs the size of a sturdy young tree trunk. She blushed as she recalled how well those blue hickory cloth pants fit those strong thighs. He’d worn an unusual sort of beard that reminded her of the kind she’d glimpsed on Chinese men. It’d been as dark as his hair, short and well-trimmed.
Who—or what—in God’s name had he been?
If everything about him seemed strange and exotic, his eyes had struck her as wholly familiar. They’d been a singular greenish-blue hue that brought to mind the color of the Mediterranean Sea on a crystalline day. He’d clearly been shocked to see her, just as she was him, but when he’d glanced down over her ever so briefly something else had flashed into those compelling eyes; something even more exciting than the illicit thrill of seeing herself in a Marlborough gown.

44 comments to “Put in your vote for the man you would cast for Ryan Daire from Daring Time”

1. Robin Snodgrass
      · May 12th, 2009 at 11:44 am · Link

He may be a little too “old” to play the part, but I could sooooo see Gerard Butler in the role. Or what about Christian Bale?

· May 12th, 2009 at 11:46 am · Link

Good choices, Robin! I’ll get them up!

· May 12th, 2009 at 11:59 am · Link

Those are amazing choices. No joke about the movie. Here’s Beth’s idea if the movie trailer guy described her book (during Jess Granger’s interview):
    ***Nothing could keep him from her, not even the barrier of time. When he learned Hope Stillwater had been murdered in the year 1906, Ryan Daire vowed to bring the woman of his erotic visions back with him to the safety of the twenty-first century. But a parallel threat exists in both eras…and Hope and Ryan may have just run out of time.***. Sounds like a winner to me.

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:08 pm · Link

Thanks, Mary! LOL–I forgot Jess asked me to do that. I was supposed to supply the voice-over for a movie trailer for Daring Time. (I’m seriously laughing, because I’d forgotten.) So yeah, as soon as we hire one of these guys and the rest of the cast, we already have the trailer, so we’ll be set.

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:13 pm · Link

Notice that nobody’s too concerned about who will play Hope?

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:19 pm · Link

Oh, I’d be super concerned, especially since I can see Hope so clearly.
    But I’d be in full understanding if no one else cared. lol.
    I was thinking Fi could be the director, because with her Russian-valley girl accent, it’d just be perfect.

7. Fiona Jayde
      · May 12th, 2009 at 12:31 pm · Link

Dood! Like OMG! I’d so totally be the director. (This is where I roll my rrrrss)

You know what they say about power corrupting… Hehehe. Ryan – take off that shirt!

We need someone both sensual and innocent for Hope with a good streak of spunk… Drew Barrymore with long brown hair?

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:33 pm · Link

No fair – you wrote her – you know her best of all!!

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:46 pm · Link

Okay!

I’ll second that Eric Winter, guy – I think he is perfect! lol

Christian Bale??? Really??? Well to each their own I guess.

This post rocks Beth!!!

(I would say Matt Damon – because he is mine in my next life but Matt is so not Ryan – lololol)

Warm Regards
    L 😆

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:49 pm · Link

Drew Barrymore would be awesome. She’s feisty like in Ever After -watch it everytime its on cause I crush on Dougray Scott who could be Ryan too.
    Also Kate Winslet?

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:53 pm · Link

Lea–okay.
    I don’t want to bias anyone’s opinion, but when Mary sent that link of Eric Winter (who I’ve never seen in my life) I thought he looked EXACTLY like Ryan Daire–down to the eye color and that intense stare that alludes to his reserved intensity. (Well, I’m a writer, of course I fill in the blanks.) But seriously…

I love Christian Bale, but he’s too thin to be a Ryan I think. Ryan is a boxer…

· May 12th, 2009 at 12:57 pm · Link

Hmmm about the Hope choices. Drew and Kate are two of my favorites, but I don’t know if I could sacrifice Hope’s dark eyes. Maybe like a young Winona Ryder…but not really.

Fi–I laughed about you ordering Ryan to take his shirt off.

You’d certainly be perfect for directing the boxing scene, since you helped me with it.

· May 12th, 2009 at 1:18 pm · Link

I had never seen Eric Winter before either but when I looked at him I thought – there is Ryan!!!

😀

As for Hope, hmmmm.

What about Anne Hathaway?

L

14. Tracy
      · May 12th, 2009 at 1:21 pm · Link

What about Anne Hathaway as Hope?

I love Eric Winter as Ryan!

15. Juliana Stone
      · May 12th, 2009 at 1:24 pm · Link

I like Eric and Gerard…but then Christian is yummy…dunno, guess I’d suck at casting!

· May 12th, 2009 at 1:29 pm · Link

I forgot about Anne Hathaway – love her!

· May 12th, 2009 at 1:44 pm · Link

Anne Hathaway is actually an excellent choice! I’ve become a huge fan of hers. I fell under her spell when she played Jane Austen in that offbeat movie…forget the title. I think she seems so smart. When I saw her as we were casually watching Get Smart, I said to Ed…Who is she? And he looked at me like he thought I was nuts, because he knows I like her, and goes, “That’s Anne Hathaway.”
    She seemed so sultry, because she was ‘doing’ that deep-throated voice from that old ’19’ or whatever agent number she was.
    Impressive.

18. bridget3420
      · May 12th, 2009 at 1:44 pm · Link

Eric Winter, hands down :blush:

· May 12th, 2009 at 1:48 pm · Link

I know! It’s weird. His other photos, not as much, but this one. Yeah.

Juliana–well, I think we’re sitting pretty on the casting couch with these choices, so hard to go wrong.
    😀

· May 12th, 2009 at 1:50 pm · Link

Hi Tracy!
    Excellent choices!

21. Mari
      · May 12th, 2009 at 2:00 pm · Link

I vote for Gerard!!!

22. Fiona Jayde
      · May 12th, 2009 at 2:06 pm · Link

Umm.. Thats agent 99. Not like I watch Get Smart reruns or anything (Fi runs to hide her Season 1 Get Smart dvd set)

I think Anne H is an excellent pic!

· May 12th, 2009 at 2:20 pm · Link

Hi Mari! I want Gerard for my Berkley Heat coming out in February called Release. If he could do a N’Awleen’s draw, he’d be pretty good for the part.

Fi. LOL. You’re like me with old Bob Newhart shows with Get Smart. How dare I know it wasn’t ’99? ( Dood, I said ’19. I was close!)

24. Amy
      · May 12th, 2009 at 2:56 pm · Link

I have absolutely NO IDEA who Eric Winter is, but I think Mary hit the nail on the head with that one. He looks like a more manly Brad Pitt! LOL

· May 12th, 2009 at 2:59 pm · Link

Hey Beth
    A spicy guy from New Orleans in a book called Release. I’m already drooling!!!.

26. beth kery
      · May 12th, 2009 at 3:24 pm · Link

I didn’t know who Eric W. is either.
    Mary…can you help us with casting and tell us what you know about his portfolio?

27. Booklover1335
      · May 12th, 2009 at 3:59 pm · Link

My vote goes to Gerard Butler, LOVE him!

· May 12th, 2009 at 4:03 pm · Link

First time I saw Eric Winter was on an episode of CSI Miami. Played a victim who
    was a rock star. You think he’s hot in that picture well live was unreal. Cute
    enough to find the credits for that episode & find out who he is.I’m one of
    those “wanna see the credits” people anyway.
    Mary G

· May 12th, 2009 at 4:18 pm · Link

Awesome.

Okay. Mary is our casting consultant. Fi is our director. Lea will mostly likely be a screenwriter-lol.

· May 12th, 2009 at 4:22 pm · Link

Do I get a casting bed uh I mean couch?

· May 12th, 2009 at 4:24 pm · Link

I should ask here too. Do you see Christian Bale as Vic Savian for Wicked Burn?

32. beth kery
      · May 12th, 2009 at 4:47 pm · Link

lol. Sorry, Mary. For Vic’s play, you have to go back to one of my top 5 movies of all time, The Right Stuff.

33. beth kery
      · May 12th, 2009 at 4:48 pm · Link

I’ll tell you at any time, actually.

Sorry.

I have a thing for Sam Sheperd in The Right Stuff.

· May 12th, 2009 at 5:03 pm · Link

Oh Yeah! I still crush on Sam in Baby Boom with Diane Keaton.

· May 12th, 2009 at 7:46 pm · Link

check out the cover of the JoAnn Ross book
    When I’m With You. WOW

36. Lynda
      · May 12th, 2009 at 9:50 pm · Link

Another vote for Eric.

37. Yvonne
      · May 13th, 2009 at 12:51 am · Link

I’m prejudiced in this regard, but how about either Clive Owen or Colin Farrell

· May 13th, 2009 at 8:18 am · Link

Lynda–thanks for your vote!

Hi Yvonne! I’ll try to get your nominations up today, and then we’ll take a final vote. Clive Owen would make a good Shane Dominic, from my July release called Sweet Restraint, btw.

39. Liz
      · June 21st, 2009 at 1:30 pm · Link

GERARD BUTLER…everything about him oozes sexiness: his humor, his intelligence(he graduated with honors from law school), hisaccent, his manly hands, his studly thighs, his shoulders, biceps, his long legs, his curly dair hair, and then there’s his face: huge green/gray eyes, straight aristocratic nose, sensual lips, and dazzling smile. I could just sit and watch him…I could just listen to him…he has it all!

40. Ryan Daire
      · July 8th, 2009 at 6:28 pm · Link

I think I should play it sense it is my actual name. But I vote that Ryan Reynolds or Collin Farrel to play me.

41. Jake Lewis
      · May 27th, 2010 at 6:22 pm · Link

i love the acting skills of Gerard Butler. he is definitely a great action star.;;’

42. Sofia Baker
      · July 20th, 2010 at 7:10 pm · Link

Gerard Butler is the favorite actor of my sister because he got this macho factor.`,*

43. Catnip :
      · October 23rd, 2010 at 9:52 am · Link

both Gerard Butler and Daniel Craig are my idols, they are great actors with strong personality~*`

44. Health and Medicine Forum
      · December 13th, 2010 at 11:31 am · Link

i love action movies and my idol is none other than Gerard Butler. this guy really rocks *`~