Flirting in Traffic Releases Today, and My Unpleasant Adrenaline Rush
Thursday, March 5th, 2009

flirtingintraffic_msr6
Hurray! You can find FLIRTING at Cerridwen Press.

I had an adventurous day yesterday. I live in the city, and there’s a restaraunt/bar across the street from me. While glancing out the window, I noticed two suspicious looking characters huddled in a cubby hole next to the restaraunt. As I watched, one of them pulled out a gun while talking on his cell phone. WTF? But it got better–or worse, as I thought at the time. As I’m calling our doorman, who is also a Chicago Police officer, both dudes go running into the street, gun drawn at the people in a car approaching! Adrenaline shot into my blood stream. I swear you can feel it when this happens. I thought I was going to witness an execution style murder! It was awful.

But then everyone got out of the car and the two hoods hugged them.

My doorman told me the precinct officer said they were shooting a video. Sigh. Afterwards, I suffered the effects of adrenaline rush…fatigue, head ache, etc.

But then I went to a cozy wine bar, drank some excellent Chilean wine, and dished with author Julie James about her new book, Practice Makes Perfect. She agreed to visit next week and tell us about it, so look for that!

So, that was my adventure for the day. Ever had anything like that happen to you?

11 comments to “Flirting in Traffic Releases Today, and My Unpleasant Adrenaline Rush”

1. Maddie
      · March 5th, 2009 at 9:31 am · Link

Wow that must have been scary, with the all the robberies and mugging in the news lately I would have reacted the same way!!!!

· March 5th, 2009 at 11:03 am · Link

Beth:

((hugs)) Yikes, the least they could have done was notify residents through a flyer or something that there was a video “shoot”, going on!

I’m glad you were able to decompress with some wine and good company though.

Take Care ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Amy
      · March 5th, 2009 at 11:06 am · Link

LOL Beth! I can see why that would have freaked you out – and at least that’s ALL it was! I’d so much rather be shaking my head instead of filling out police reports!

4. beth kery
      · March 5th, 2009 at 11:11 am · Link

Hey, Maddie and Amy, yeah, it was scary, but could have been much worse, obviously.

Lea–Actually, they were supposed to do that, but didn’t. The precinct cop told my doorman after he’d discussed it with the director, and told him what he should have done.
    Sigh. But yeah, the decompression was nice. lol.

5. Blanche
      · March 5th, 2009 at 4:38 pm · Link

Yikes that would have scared me too!! Glad you were able to have that wine and spend some time with Julie James (I have both her books in my TBR, can’t wait to read them!)!

Happy Release Day!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Arwen
      · March 5th, 2009 at 7:18 pm · Link

Oh dear. ๐Ÿ˜ I can’t even imagine.

7. Fedora
      · March 6th, 2009 at 2:46 pm · Link

Yikes! Glad you’re fine, and hope you found a fun way to celebrate release day! (that didn’t involve any more excitement of that kind! ;))

8. beth kery
      · March 6th, 2009 at 4:51 pm · Link

Hi guys! It did freak me out. I will not kid or sugar coat.

I actually am blogging about it tommorw at http://www.thebradfordbunch.com in regard to much wider spreading issues about an author’s imagination.

Stop by, if you can. And have a great weekend!

9. Jane
      · March 6th, 2009 at 10:48 pm · Link

Congrats on the new release, Beth. Never had that happen to me. I probably wouldn’t handle it very well.

10. Emily
      · March 10th, 2009 at 9:15 am · Link

Wow how scary for you! I’m not sure how I would handle that. My hubby is a cop in the military, so I think I would leave it up to him.

11. beth kery
      · March 10th, 2009 at 2:56 pm · Link

Hi Emily and Jane! Thanks so much for stopping by! Emily, I would have loved to have had a capable alpha around to help out! Luckily, after the hugging began, I needed a therapist more than an alpha to talk me down from my shock. lol.