Because I Am Yours, Advanced Excerpt
Sunday, September 16th, 2012

Oh, my. I can’t believe Ian and Francesca’s journey in Because You Are Mine is almost complete. My deepest thanks to all of you who took the trip with me. As I’ve said in several interviews, the serialization process made me feel so close to not only this story, but to the readers as I heard feedback from each installment on a weekly basis. I’ve never had a fresher, more vibrant writing experience. Thank you again.

A lot happens in this part. Here’s a tension-filled excerpt. For those of you unfamiliar with Ian, he’s a bit…worked up here, but I think with good reason.

Adult Excerpt: Because You Are Mine Part VIII

“How did you know where I was?”

“I’ve seen you several times with Dr. Epstein…once in Paris and another time at the penthouse. I heard her mention ‘the Institute’ and Mrs. Hanson told me that she was a doctor.”

He flashed a glance in her direction. “That’s not an explanation, Francesca.”

She shrank in the passenger seat. “I…I noticed that you’d visited the Genomics Research and Treatment Institute website several times while I was borrowing your tablet to study for the driver’s test.” Guilt made her wilt farther when she noticed his outraged glance.

“You checked my history?”

“Yes,” she admitted miserably. “I’m sorry. I was curious…especially about where you’d run off to so abruptly. Then Jacob told me you never took him to London, and I started connecting the dots.”

“Well, I could never accuse you of being stupid,” he grated out, his hands tightening on the wheel. “You must be so proud of your detective skills.”

“I’m not. I’m miserable. I’m so sorry, Ian.”

He said nothing, but his mouth was strained and his skin looked especially pale next to the contrast of his dark hair. His silence effectively stopped her from any more communications until they boarded the plane.

The pilot came on the intercom, saying that had clearance to take off.

“Sit down and buckle up for takeoff,” he said tersely, nodding toward the lounger where she usually sat. “But once we’re airborne, I want you in the bedroom.”

Her mouth fell open at that. Something in his tone told her exactly why he wanted her in the bedroom. She buckled her seatbelt with trembling fingers. “Ian, it’s not going to make you feel better to try and control me because you feel so…”

She trailed off when she saw his eyes flash in barely subdued fury. “You’re wrong. It’s going to make me feel fantastic to turn your ass red and ride you hard. You’ve been on the pill long enough now. I’m going to fuck you raw and come so deep in you, I’ll be spilling out of you for days.”

She flinched, not because of his crudeness—under different circumstances, his raunchy talk would have aroused her. But it wasn’t another circumstance. He’d said what he’d said to intentionally hurt her for having the temerity to see him at his weakest.

“You wanted to gape into my private world, fine. Just remember that you might not like what you see,” he said quietly.

****

Because You Are Mine Part VIII, Because I Am Yours, available on Tuesday, September 18th.

12 comments to “Because I Am Yours, Advanced Excerpt”

1. Alina
      · September 17th, 2012 at 7:43 am · Link

Thank you for the snippet! I can’t wait to see how the story ends! Do you plan to write a sequel?

1.1
        · September 17th, 2012 at 10:05 pm · Link

Hi Alina!

You will definitely be hearing more and Ian and ‘Cesca in When I’m With You, out in late January of next year. After that, I hope to do another book that focuses exclusively on them again.

Thanks!

• Alina
          · September 18th, 2012 at 9:34 am · Link

That’s an amazing news! Thank you for writing them :smile: Do you think there’ll be a print version of the book?

· September 19th, 2012 at 1:21 pm · Link

The print version will be available February of next year!

2. Maddie
      · September 17th, 2012 at 11:52 am · Link

Kind of sucks that this is the last of Ian and Francesca’s story…. I came to love the serial waiting for me each week.

Captured By You and Exposed To You is next up yeah. I hope that you gained a ton of new fans with Because of You.

2.1
        · September 17th, 2012 at 10:07 pm · Link

Hi Maddie!

I so appreciate your support. I do hope new readers will enjoy the One Night of Passion series. :smile:

3. Antoinette Maddock
      · September 18th, 2012 at 4:57 am · Link

Omg I can’t believe I’ve finished part 8 all ready I only got it this morning I am going to miss them so much I what to know if it work’s out for them, I do hope so
    Please carry on writing letting us know how they are getting on thank you for bring IAN and FRANCESCA into my world. X

3.1
        · September 19th, 2012 at 9:43 am · Link

You are very welcome! Thanks for taking the journey with me and supporting the books!

You will see Ian and Francesca again! They will be secondary characters in When I’m With You, so you can see how their love story is progressing. Then, I hope to do another novel based exclusively on Ian and ‘Cesca and their unfolding romance.

Thank you!

• Antoinete maddock
          · September 19th, 2012 at 11:10 am · Link

Thank you for getting back to me , i don’t want to rush you but when is when i’m with you coming out , i’ve started to reread them again now that i have all the chapter’s but please don’t stop writing about them i think im falling in love with ian and need to know how he is getting on
        thanks Antoinette x

· September 19th, 2012 at 1:22 pm · Link

When I’m With You starts to come out in late January 2013. :)

4. Angela
      · September 18th, 2012 at 9:42 am · Link

Ok – today is a happy sad day:() bc I love these books sooo much! I hope there is more to come … Ian and Francesca are amayzing . You wrote this book eliquently.. And HOT! I have sooo many people hooked :) can’t wait to read book 8 I am saving it for later .. My dessert :) I wrote about them on my blog http://sweetandsassybookworm.blogspot.com
    I am hearing that they love them just as much as me:) thank u Beth Kery ! I will miss my Tuesday downloads :) xoxo

4.1
        · September 19th, 2012 at 9:44 am · Link

This is so awesome, i will go and have a look. Thank you so much for supporting the books, Angela!